Schmincke Horadam watercolors are premium paints made in Germany. The range includes 139 brilliant, intense colors, with a wide range of pigments including perylenes, quinacridones, and transparent iron oxides. There are 92 single-pigment colors that provide brilliant mixing results and 22 granulating colors that create special effects. These watercolors are highly lightfast, with 152 of the 179 colors rated at the highest possible lightfastness of 4 or 5 stars. The paint has a high level of control over its flow, making it suitable for use on even the softest watercolor papers. When dried on a palette, the paint is fully reusable. The binder for these watercolors is selected gum arabic, and the traditional wetting agent is natural oxgall. Overall, Schmincke Horadam watercolors are a high-quality assortment that is ideal for artists who demand the best.
- 139 brilliant, intense watercolours in half and full pans, 5 ml and 15 ml tubes + oxgall
- NEW: 40 supergranulating colours in half pans and 15 ml tubes
- 152 of the 179 colours with highest possible lightfastness (4 + 5 stars)
- Pans poured 4 times in liquid state for highest yield
- Same colour recipes for pans and tubes
- High control of paint flow - even on soft watercolour papers
- Fully reusable paint when dried on a palette
- Quality assortment "Made in Germany"
- Selected Gum arabic as binder and natural oxgall as traditional wetting agent
Complete HORADAM® colour chart is available to access here [PDF]